Saturday, September 02, 2006

Kenny

Preoccupied with the world, who thinks of death, until it arrives like thunder? - Buddha

I found out a few days ago that a Gilbert Dorsey (aka Kenny)a former co-worker passed away, quite unexpectedly. He had just celebrated his 46th birthday.

My favorite memory of Kenny is the time we showed up to work dressed the same. We laughed our asses off everytime we saw each other that day and so did the rest of our office.
Once she stopped laughing, Amy Bayes took this picture of us in our office corridor (note the whiteboard, both Rasheed and Tammam got their US Citizenships that month, too). Happy days.

Kenny was a really decent person who struggled a lot, yet remained sweet and cheerful and possesed of a great sense of humor, which is why I don't feel bad admitting that after reading the email regarding his demise, my first thought was "Oh my God, they killed Kenny! The bastards!". I'm sure Kenny would have found it hysterical. Kenny, you were a good guy, a regular mensch. I'll miss you.

No comments: