Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Rainy Days and Wednesdays and Paella

I guess we're squarely facing the end of our "two weeks" of summer here. The quality of the light is changing, and I've noticed susuki beginning to sprout. It's pretty much been raining since the post about incense, although it changed from intermittent showers to a constant steady drizzle and the temprature had dropped about 10 degrees. I think we've been in the 60 to 65F range all week.

Weather like this calls for something heartier than just cold soba salad or cold tofu or all the other cold, light dishes I associate with summer. So here's a veggie and rice dish, along the idea of paella. My buddy DS posts pictures of the meals he makes, so I thought Iwould do, too.

Asparagus, yellow squash, zuke, tomatoes, artichokes, peas and carrots. Seasoned with bay, paprika, saffron, salt and pepper. Made with the local rice. It came out pretty tasty, which is good, it made so much that I'll be eating it for the next few days (Chris didn't like it - too vegetable-y).


No comments: