Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Anniversary

Yesterday was the 10 year anniversary of my dad's death. It came and went without much ado, I was focusing on my 2nd of 4 MCSE examinations, which I took (and passed) today.

That's not to say I didn't think of him, because I did. But thinking waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back, it hurts a lot less now than it did back then. After my examinations are done, I'll knock back a few drinks (of the alcoholic variety) to honor him. Actually, it's sort of stupid to drink to the health of someone deceased but my father would appreciate the gallows humor there. Oh, I wanted to make it even more authentic, it would be something made of CHEAP alcohol, but I'm past that now. Besides it conjures up memories of the most studendous hangover EVER, courtesy of Dad's penchant for cheap rotgut whiskey (and beer).

Cheers.

No comments: