Thursday, October 27, 2005

Ack!

Chris told his mom about my blog...without telling me first! She's probably seen it and is apalled.

Chris' mother is a very nice, very proper midwestern-raised lady and wouldn't say s*** if she had a mouthful. I find this trait admirable, but impossible to emulate.

Lest you think I lack a proper upbringing, I certainly do not. My mom raised me as best she could, but could only do so much with me. I really don't ever remembering her using bad words while I was growing up, so it's not like I was beset by bad examples. It's just that sometimes, I AM the bad example.

So now Mrs. P has seen the blog and the bad words and now I don't know what to do. I don't really want to edit myself, because I enjoy the outlet the blog gives me and I know that my own mother reads it, too, so it can't be that bad, or Mom would have called and yelled at me, as mothers do. But still, I have to wonder about my use of bad language and how that makes my mother-in-law think of me.

Well, shit.

No comments: