Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Giant White @$$!

Look! It's box with a giant white @$$! No, wait, it's actually the trademark for Momo (peach) Brand matches.

The Peach trademark was registered in 1892. It's one of the most famous and instantly recognizable logos in Japan. The Japanese, unlike me, recognize it as a peach and not a giant white @$$!

A trend right now is t-shirts featuring the vintage labels of Japanese brands, like Peach Brand matches and Shiroyuki (white snow) Brand sake.

I really dig the vintage match label, but honestly, I bought it because at first glance, I thought it was a giant white @$$! The thought of that made me just totally lose it laughing because sometimes I have the sense of humour of a 10 year-old.

The nice Japanese word for your backside is Oshiri.

No comments: